Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken is such a wonderful dinner that you will want to make again week after week.
This slow cooker lemon chicken recipe is seriously the best slow cooker chicken dish you will ever make. I struggle to find healthy recipes that I actually crave. This lemon chicken is moist and tender and the entire family will love.
How to make Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken:
Gather these ingredients:
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- All purpose flour
- Zesty Italian salad dressing dry mix packet
- Cooking oil
- Chicken broth
- Cut the chicken breasts down the center, making 2 pieces of breasts from each.
- Put the flour and zesty Italian mix in to a large ziplock bag. Add the chicken breasts and seal the bag. Shake the bag until the breasts are coated.
- In a large skillet set to medium-high heat add the cooking oil. Brown the chicken on both sides, no need to cook through.
- Add the chicken breasts to the slow cooker. Add the chicken broth and squeeze in the lemon juice.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 hours.
What to eat with lemon chicken:
I hope you enoy this recipe as much as I do and share this recipe with your friends. Have a great week.
Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken
- Slow Cooker – 3 quart or larger
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts or chicken tenderloins work great
- .60 oz. package dry zesty italian salad dressing mix
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 cup FRESH lemon juice (about 2 large lemons, do not use bottled lemon juice)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Cut the chicken breasts into 2 pieces length wise, so you have 2 thin pieces of chicken breasts.
- Put dressing packet and flour in the ziplock bag. Add the chicken to the bag, and shake to coat the chicken.
- Set a large skillet on the stove-top over medium high heat. Add the cooking oil. When the oil is hot brown the chicken on both sides. No need to cook through.
- Add browned chicken to the slow cooker. Pour over the lemon juice and chicken broth.
- Place lid on slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 hours, without peeking.
- Make sure to drizzle lemon sauce from bottom of slow cooker onto the chicken when serving.
- Serve over rice or mashed potatoes. Enjoy.
How to Video:
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.
First Published: 01/14/2013