Don’t want to cook a large ham but want a flavorful ham steak? Try this easy ham steak and pineapple rings recipe for a beautiful dinner recipe.
When I’m looking for a dinner recipe I always forget about how good ham is! Great with green bean casserole or root beer baked beans. If you are looking for a whole ham with pineapple try my Brown Sugar Ham Recipe.
This Slow Cooker Ham Steaks and Pineapple Rings recipe turned out amazing. I was thumbing through one of my favorite cookbooks “The Whistle Stop Cafe” by Fannie Flagg, and saw a recipe for ham steaks and pineapple rings, and I knew I had to create a recipe with ham steaks for my slow cooker. I’m a huge fan of Fannie Flagg, her fiction books are upbeat, funny, and just homey and I just love her cookbook too!
How to make ham steaks in the slow cooker:
- Ham – A small ham sliced or pre-sliced ham steaks
- Pineapple Slices – 1 can, save the juices for the sauce
- Brown Sugar – Gives the ham sweetness
- Mustard – Yellow table mustard for a depth of flavor
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Adds tang and helps cut the sweetness
- Maraschino Cherries – Makes the dish beautiful and add a slight cherry flavor
- Make a sauce with the pineapple juice, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and mustard.
- Pour over the ham steaks in the slow cooker.
- Place the pineapple rings over the ham and add the cherries.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 5 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
What should I serve with ham steaks?
- Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes or Baked Potato Casserole
- Steamed Vegetables or Green salad
- Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes
What can I do with leftover ham?
- Breakfast recipes like Slow Cooker Farmer’s Breakfast Casserole
- Slow Cooker 15 Bean Soup with Ham
- Slow Cooker Ham and Cheese Corn
- Slow Cooker Vintage Ham and Potato Dinner
Slow Cooker Ham Steaks and Pineapple Rings
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger-oval
- 2 1/2 lbs. ham steaks sliced into 1/2 inch slices (you can use more or less ham)
- 20 oz. pineapple slices reserve juices for sauce
- 6 oz. maraschino cherries drained
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar packed
- 1 Tbsp. mustard
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Add ham slices, pineapple slices, and maraschino cherries to the slow cooker.
- Whisk the reserved pineapple juice, brown sugar, mustard, and apple cider vinegar in a medium sized bowl until smooth.
- Pour the suace over ham, pineapple, and cherries in the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook for 5 hours on LOW, with out opening the lid during cooking time.
- Drizzle sauce over each serving. ENJOY!
How to Video:
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.