This Slow Cooker Guinness Corned Beef and Cabbage has the classic corned beef flavor and made even better with beer!
It’s that time of year again! St. Patrick’s day is just weeks away and I have a wonderful recipe for you! As a blogger my family gets to celebrate holidays early, so I can get recipes out to you before the holiday happens. This dinner turned out amazing! I add Guinness beer and brown sugar to my usual corned beef recipe, this is the way I plan to cook corned beef from now on. The beer flavor is not strong after cooking all day, just a nice hint of beer flavor that blends well with the beef.
I decided to try adding the cabbage during the last 2 hours this time, it turned out perfect. In fact I couldn’t stop eating just the cabbage. I see more cabbage recipes coming on the blog soon.
Though this meal is great as is, leftovers are great in a Rueben sandwich. None of the meat will go to waste, trust me.
Below is my YouTube video about how to make this Slow Cooker Guinness Corned Beef and Cabbage. You can follow me on YouTube, here.
Slow Cooker Guinness Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 2.5 lb. flat cut corned beef brisket
- 1 seasoning packet from above roast
- 12 oz. Guinness Beer (I use bottled extra stout)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 Yukon gold potatoes
- 4 carrots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 head cabbage, cut into slices
Slow Cooker Size:
- 6 quart or larger
- Add the corned beef to the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle over the seasoning packet that came with the roast. Sprinkle over the brown sugar. Add the potatoes, carrots, garlic and bay leaf on top of the roast. Pour over the beer.
- Add the lid to the slow cooker. The total cooking time is 8 hours on low. You can choose when to add your cabbage. I put my cabbage in at the 6 hour mark and cooked for the remaining 2 hours, that's how I like it. Some like to add it at the beginning, and some at the last 30 minutes.
- Serve by removing the veggies and removing the corned beef on to a cutting board. Cut the corned beef into slices and serve with the veggies.
You may also like: Slow Cooker Chuck Wagon Chili