Slow Cooker French Dip Soup has the beef and au jus flavors that a French dip would have along with added pasta and veggies.
Have you ever drank the au jus leftover after eating a French dip? I think that broth is so good that I made a soup based around it.
Below is the beef and the soup ingredients. Be sure not to add the pasta or green beans in the all day cooking process.
After 9 hours of cooking I remove the beef and shred it. Then I add cooked cavatappi pasta (big curly noodles) and 2 cans of green beans.
If desired serve this soup topped with parmesan cheese and with crusty bread. This recipe makes a big pot! Great for leftovers or for serving a large crowd.
Love soup? Try one of my other slow cooker soup recipes.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chile Relleno Soup
- Slow Cooker Shipwreck Stew
- Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Slow Cooker Split Pea Stew
Slow Cooker French Dip Soup
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 3 lb. bottom round beef roast
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 small white onion minced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 64 oz. beef broth (two-32 oz. cartons)
Add at the end
- 1/2 pound cavatappi pasta cooked according to package directions
- 30 oz. canned cut green beans drained (two-15 oz. cans)
Optional Toppings and Garnishes
- parmesan cheese for serving
- Place the roast into the slow cooker. Add the salt, pepper, garlic, onion, and mushrooms.
- Pour over the beef broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 9 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- When the cooking time is done, start the pasta on the stove top.
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker. Shred the meat with two forks, discard any fat. If desired degrease the broth in the slow cooker by laying a paper towel over the top, and remove it quickly.
- Add the drained pasta, green beans, and the shredded beef to the slow cooker.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese if desired.