Beef stew in the slow cooker with all those summer veggies from the garden. Makes a for a perfect hearty meal.
This Slow Cooker Farmers Market Beef Stew was a last-minute idea. I love standard beef stew but I thought it would be fun to change it up this week. On my mail route, I’m lucky to have 4 produce stands along the way. The produce stand I stop by almost daily is Lone Pine Farms. I can get a snack for work and get my produce shopping done at the same time.
For this Slow Cooker Farmers Market Beef Stew I used my trusty beef stew recipe but added more vegetables that are in season now. I added fresh corn off the cobb, red onion, and fresh-cut green beans. It turned out amazing. The corn still had a great crunch, and the green beans were cooked perfectly.
I also had extra time in the morning add the ingredients for homemade bread in my bread maker (I use the delay cycle). I don’t think anything could be better than walking in the door after working all day to beef stew and homemade bread.
More slow cooker beef stew recipes:
- Slow Cooker Beefy Bacon Man Stew
- Slow Cooker Classic Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker Guinness Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker Shipwreck Stew
- Slow Cooker A.1. Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker Poor Man’s Stew
Slow Cooker Farmers Market Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 2 lbs. Stew Meat or 2 pounds any lean roast cut into 1 inch or so squares
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 28 oz. cans beef broth (two 14-oz. cans)
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 lbs. red potatoes quartered or diced 1 inch or so
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced large
- 1/2 large red onion, diced large
- 2 ears of corn, cut the corn off with a knife
- 2 cups fresh green beans snipped and cut in half
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, onion powder, and thyme in a big ziplock bag. Shake, then add the stew meat.
- Shake to coat the pieces evenly.
- Brown the meat in the cooking oil on all sides, you don’t need to cook the meat through. You may need to cook the meat in batches.
- Put the meat into the slow cooker.
- Put the pan back on the stove and de-glaze the pan with the beef broth, and tomato paste, scrape up any brown bits of meat and flour into the sauce. This will only take a minute or so.
- Add the sauce to the slow cooker.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, onions, corn and green beans to the slow cooker.
- Give everything a big stir.
- Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.