Slow Cooker A.1. Beef Stew has great beefy flavor and is great over rice.
Do you like A.1. Steak Sauce on your steak? Then I think you will enjoy how well the A.1. goes in this stew. This stew has a the usual carrots and onions, then I add a bell pepper for flavor. There is no potatoes in this recipe, instead I serve this over hot rice. I love homemade beef stew and I am happy to have new variation.
To start, I make a flour mixture and coat the beef. I brown the flour coated beef in oil, then stir in beef broth. This will give the sauce in the stew some thickness. I add the beef and broth to the slow cooker and add the remaining ingredients.
I’ve been in Alabama this week visiting a few other food bloggers, and in my off time been working on this recipe for you all. I’m missing homemade meals and this stew is something I am going to make again when I get back. I think the stew goes great over rice, but even egg noodles would be great. I hope you have a great week and enjoy this new recipe.
Slow Cooker A.1. Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat, cubed
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 14.5 oz. can beef broth
- 1 white onion diced large
- 1 bell pepper diced large
- 1 lb. baby carrots
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup A1 steak sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large bowl or ziplock bag add the flour, salt, pepper and oregano. Add the beef stew meat. Stir to coat the meat, or seal and shake the bag to coat the meat.
- Set a large skillet on the stove top and set to medium-high heat. When the pan is hot add the oil. Let the oil heat up then add the flour coated stew meat. brown on all sides, no need to cook all the way though. Add the can of beef broth to the pan and using the spatula scrape up the browned bits off the bottom of the pan. After the beef broth comes to a boil, remove from heat and add the meat and sauce to the slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients. Stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Discard bay leaf. If desired, degrease the stew. I do this by laying a paper over the stew and lift up, the grease will grab to the paper towel. Serve and enjoy.