One of my childhood favorites made easily in the slow cooker. This Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole is so simple to make!
Did you grow up on frozen chicken cordon blue chicken breasts? I haven’t bought them in ages, but I remember how much I loved the flavor combination. I’ve made homemade oven chicken cordon bleu breasts, but they are very time-consuming.
This Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole can be loaded up in the slow cooker within 2 shakes of a lamb’s tail. This is a layered dish and only needs 5 hours on low in the crockpot. I use cornbread stuffing mix for this recipe, the chicken would work fine instead.
How to make Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole:
Start with boneless skinless chicken breasts.
Sliced Swiss cheese.
Cream of chicken soup (mixed with milk, oregano, pepper, and garlic powder.)
Cornbread stuffing mix and melted butter.
Cook on low for 5 hours:
This meal is great with a green salad!
The sauce is cheesy and bubbly, the corners a browned a bit. If you have never made a casserole in the slow cooker, make this your first try! Have a great week!
So many more Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes here:
- Slow Cooker Chicken with Bacon Gravy
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy (without bacon)
- Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
- Slow Cooker Seasoned Chicken, Potatoes and Green Beans
- Slow Cooker Full Chicken Dinner
- Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken and Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken and Veggies
- Slow Cooker No Peek Chicken
- Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken with Rice
- Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Alpine Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ pound ham slices this doesn’t need to exact, just enough slices to cover the chicken
- 6 oz. pkg. sliced Swiss cheese
- 6 oz. pkg. cornbread Stove-Top® stuffing
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cream of chicken soup, milk, oregano, pepper and garlic powder until smooth. Set aside.
- Add the chicken breasts in an even layer in the slow cooker.
- Add the ham over the chicken in an even layer.
- Next the swiss cheese in an even layer.
- Pour over the soup mixture and use a spatula to spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle over the cornbread stuffing mix.
- Pour over the butter evenly over the stuffing.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to Video:
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.