No pre-cooking required with this Easy Slow Cooker Spaghetti Dinner. Sliced sausage replaces ground beef in this delicious sauce.
Time for back to school recipes! This one you are going to love. No pre-cooking meat for your spaghetti sauce. Instead of ground beef, I use smoked sausage or any sausage from the kielbasa section of the store. I use my favorite Newman’s marinara, canned diced tomatoes, seasonings, onion and bell pepper. These ingredients simmer all day for a great homemade tasting sauce. After the cooking time is over, I boil one pound of spaghetti noodles on the stove top and add it right into the sauce. There is plenty of sauce so the noodles don’t get dry. Lots of sauce is a must for my spaghetti since the soaking up the sauce with bread is part of the experience.
Below are the ingredients in the slow cooker before cooking.
Below is what the sauce looks like after cooking for 8 hours on low and cooked spaghetti noodles added.
Grab a bag of salad and French bread at the store, and dinner is ready to serve.
Are you ready for school? We have about a month before school starts and I have all the shopping to do still, plenty of time I suppose. I hope you put this meal on your rotation, it’s delicious!
Easy Slow Cooker Spaghetti Dinner
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 14 oz. smoked sausage (or kielbasa), sliced
- 48 oz. marinara (Two-24-oz. jars)
- 14½ oz diced tomato do not drain
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- ½ cup onion (one small onion), diced
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. dried leaf oregano
- 2 tsp. dried leaf basil
- 1 lb. dried spaghetti cooked according to package directions.
- parmesan cheese
- Add everything to the slow cooker (except spaghetti and cheese), stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Toward the end of the cooking time, prepare the noodles according to the package directions.
- Once the noodles are cooked, drain them and add the to the sauce, stirring well.
- Turn off the slow cooker immediately after adding the noodles, they will continue to cook if left on and will turn mushy.
- Serve the pasta topped with parmesan cheese and enjoy!