Flank steak fajitas made in the slow cooker with plenty of citrus and chipotle flavors!
I love, love, love mexican food. So you will find that I feature plenty of mexican food here on The Magical Slow Cooker. This recipe for Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas has a special sauce that you make in your blender for the meat. It has orange juice, lime juice, a chipotle pepper, garlic, cilantro, salt, pepper, and cumin. I can’t describe how great the sauce smells, you just have to try it out yourself!
These fajitas get a spicy kick from the chipotle pepper. If you don’t like your food too spicy, go ahead and leave the chipotle pepper out.
I used a flank steak in this recipe, as this is the typical cut of beef for fajitas. I think it turned out great! It is important to slice your bell peppers and onions thick, so they keep their shape while slow cooking. Place the peppers and onions on top of the meat and chipotle sauce.
More Mexican inspired recipes to make in your crockpot:
- Slow Cooker Refried Beans
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Slow Cooker Nacho Bar
- Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef
Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas
- Slow Cooker – 4 quart or larger
- 1 1/2 pound Beef Flank Steak
- 2 bell peppers sliced (any colors work great)
- 1 white onion sliced
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 orange juiced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves and stems
- 1 chipotle pepper from a can of chipotle peppers in adobe, hispanic food aisle
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Monterey jack cheese
- Sour cream
- In a blender combine sauce ingredients (lime juice, orange juice, cilantro, chipotle pepper, garlic clove, salt, pepper and cumin). Pulse these items until pulverized.
- Put flank steak in slow cooker, and pour sauce over the steak.
- Slice bell peppers and onions in a thick slice, so they hold their shape after cooking all day.
- Put bell peppers and onions on top of steak and sauce.
- Set slow cooker to low, and cook for 8 hours.
- Serve steak, bell pepper and onions on flour or corn tortillas, top with guacamole, cheese and sour cream to taste.
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.