Slow Cooker Pizza and Pasta Soup is a meal your whole family will love! This Hearty Soup has pizza supreme flavors with bow-tie pasta and even better that this meal is a freezer meal friendly!
Hi all! Freezer Slow Cooker Meal of the Month here! I am loving this theme on the blog. These slow cooker freezer meals are keeping my freezer stocked for days I don’t have time to cook. This month we have swim lesson twice a week and girl scouts. My daughter and I have to eat dinner in a hurry before these things and my poor husband doesn’t get to eat until 7pm.
This Slow Cooker Pizza and Pasta Soup recipe was originally going to be lasagna soup, then I had a wild idea to add pepperoni then the entire recipe changed. Supreme pizza flavors are in this soup: beef, pepperoni, mushrooms, onions and olives.
This meal could be made the morning of or could be made into a freezer meal. I made 2 of these meals at once, one for a busy Monday dinner and the other I tucked away in the freezer for later in the month.
I topped this soup with mozzarella cheese. I wish I had bought French bread to go with this, that would have been so good dipped into the soup.
Have a great weekend! I hope you are enjoying these freezer meals of the month. I have a great recipe planned for Monday! Stay tuned.
- 1.5 lbs. browned and drained ground beef
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1 3.8-oz. can black olives, drained
- 1/2 cup diced white onions
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 16-oz jar marinara sauce (I use Newman’s Own)
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 2 cups dried bow-tie pasta cooked according to package directions (don’t add these cooked noodles until it is done cooking)
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Slow Cooker Size:
- 6- quart or larger
- Place everything but the noodles into a gallon-sized ziplock bag. Squeeze out the excess air. Freeze for up to a month.
- Thaw the freezer meal in the fridge for 36 hours.
- Place the contents of the bag into a 6-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Add the cooked noodles into the soup and stir.
- Top the soup with mozzarella cheese and serve with French bread.