Maple and Mustard flavor this easy Slow Cooker Corned Beef which is perfect for a change of pace on St. Patricks Day.
For the last few years I’ve made a standard Corned Beef and Cabbage. Though that meal turns out great, I really wanted to step this meal up a notch. The first thing I did differently was I ditched that pickling seasoning packet that comes with the corned beef.
This was the first time I’ve cooked a corned beef without the pickling packet, and I have no regrets! I could taste the true flavor of the meat, and I didn’t have peppercorns popping in my mouth. This is a fun and unique recipe to try for St. Patrick’s Day.
How to make Maple Mustard Corned Beef:
- Brown the corned beef on the stove-top in a skillet that has a touch of oil in it.
- Mix together maple syrup, mustard, minced garlic, and pepper. Add the corned beef to the slow cooker. (don’t add the pickling spice packet).
- Pour the maple-mustard mixture over the corned beef. Place the lid on the slow cooker.
- Cook for 7 hours on low.
- Serve and enjoy.
What goes good with this?
My other favorite recipes for St. Patrick’s Day:
- Beer Bread
- Slow Cooker Classic Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Slow Cooker Guinness Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Slow Cooker Guinness Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker Reuben Sandwiches
Slow Cooker Maple Mustard Corned Beef
- Slow Cooker – 4 quart or larger
- 3 lb. flat cut corned beef roast ditch the spice packet
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. cooking oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup mustard
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Pat the corned beef dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle the corned beef with pepper.
- Set a large skillet on the stove top to medium-high heat. Add cooking oil to coat the bottom of the pan. When the oil is hot, brown the meat on all sides.
- Place the browned corned beef into the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl mix together the maple syrup, mustard, pepper, and garlic clove. Pour this sauce over the corned beef in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook and LOW for 7 hours, without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve with desired sides, I made mashed red potatoes, steamed carrots and cabbage.
- Mashed Red Potaotes
- Steamed Cabbage
- Buttery Steamed Carrots