This Doritos casserole is like chicken enchiladas but with Doritos instead of tortillas! This over the top meal is a crowd-pleaser.
I brought this recipe back from the archives by popular demand! I took this recipe off the site thinking no one needed it anymore and boy was I wrong. This recipe is for the viewers who have been emailing me the last few months, and for my newer viewers who have not seen this unique recipe.
How to make Doritos Casserole in the slow cooker:
- Start with boneless chicken breasts and a large can of enchilada sauce.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook that on HIGH for 4 hour or LOW for 8 hours.
- After the cooking time is up. Shred the chicken with two forks. Add sour cream, cheese, and crushed up Doritos (save a half cup for the top), stir.
- Place the lid back on the slow cooker and cook for 30 minutes more.
- Add more cheese, olives, and more crushed Doritos on top.
Can I use beef instead of chicken?
Yes! Use beef stew meat or cooked and crumbled ground beef instead of chicken in this recipe.
What should I serve with this?
- A green salad and dressing
- Chips and salsa
- Sour cream for topping.
More unique recipe to try:
- Slow Cooker Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
- Slow Cooker John Wayne Casserole
- Slow Cooker Reese’s Peanut Butter Cake
- Slow Cooker Grape Jelly Meatballs
Slow Cooker Doritos Casserole
- 28 oz. can red enchilada sauce
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
Add these ingredients after the chicken and sauce have cooked:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 oz. Monterey Jack cheese divided
- 11 oz. bag Nacho Cheese Doritos crushed (save ½ cup for topping)
- 2.5 oz. can sliced olives
- Add the chicken breasts, and enchilada sauce to your slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
- Shred the chicken breasts with two forks right in the slow cooker.
- Add the sour cream and half of the cheese, stir.
- Stir in the crushed doritos, reserving a ½ cup for the top.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on the top, the olives and the remaining crushed doritos.
- Cover, and turn slow cooker to HIGH for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.