Slow Cooker Black Pepper Chicken is a delicious Asain inspired meal that is great over rice.
Hi all! This Slow Cooker Black Pepper Chicken is Freezer Friendly. I have been making 1 meal a month on the blog that can be put into the freezer. Freezer meals can be tricky because they can’t have potatoes or dariy in them, so it limits the ideas.
This meal works out great for a freezer meal. A few veggies, chicken and an easy sauce go into a freezer bag. If you aren’t into freezer meals this meal can be placed directly into the slow cooker the day of too.
Here are my other great chicken thigh recipes:
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken
- Slow Cooker Basil Chicken and Rice
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
- Slow Cooker Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Slow Cooker Black Pepper Chicken
- Slow Cooker – 5 quart or larger
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch
- ½ tsp. coarsely ground pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Add the chicken, celery and onion to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl whisk together the water, chicken bouillon cube, you may need to smash the chicken bouillon cube to get it to dissolve. Then whisk in the soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch, pepper, ground ginger and garlic powder until smooth.
- Pour this sauce over the chicken and veggies in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours. Serve over rice. Enjoy!
Freezer Meal Instructions:
- Make the sauce as directed above, then let the sauce cool down in the fridge for a bit. Add the chicken, celery, onion and cooled sauce into a gallon-sized ziplock bag. Squeeze out all the air, and place in to the freezer. Freeze for up to 1 month. When ready to cook, thaw freezer bag out in the fridge, this usually takes about 36 hours. Cook as directed above.