I am always looking for fun ways to entertain, this last weekend I made Shredded Beef Sheet Tray Nachos, these are perfect for Game Day! I used Rotel to spice up a chuck roast in my slow cooker. After the beef was done cooking, I made a sheet pan of nachos, enough to feed 8 hungry people!
A fun way to serve this, is to put this giant tray of nachos on your coffee table while watching the game. Put some plates out, and salsa and sour cream for your guests to put on their own plates if desired.
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger-oval
- 3 lbs. beef chuck roast
- 2 tbsp. flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 20 oz Rotel diced tomatoes with green peppers two-10 oz. cans
- ½ cup white or yellow onion diced
- 1¼ oz taco seasoning packet
To assemble Nachos:
- 11 oz. bag tortilla chips
- 1 lb. Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 2 avocados diced
- 4 oz olives drained
Additional Toppings for Serving
- sour cream
- In a small bowl combine the flour, salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Pat this mixtures onto the roast.
- Heat a large skillet on the stove-top to medium-high heat, once hot, add the oil.
- Brown the roast on all side and transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add the Rotel, onions, and taco seasoning on top of the roast.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours, or LOW for 8 hours, without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- After the meat is done cooking, pre-heat the oven to BROIL.
- Shred the meat with 2 forks, discard any fatty pieces.
Assembling the Nachos
- Add the entire bag of chips to a sheet pan.
- Add the shredded beef to the chips in an even layer, then the cheese.
- Put the nachos in the oven, it will take about 5 minutes for the cheese to melt.
- Remove from oven, add diced avocado and olives.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired.