This one pot Slow Cooker Seasoned Chicken, Potatoes and Green beans has a homemade dressing/marinade and will be your new favorite healthy dinner.
It has been too long since I’ve made a healthy slow cooker meal, I made Slow Cooker Seasoned Chicken, Potatoes and Green Beans this last weekend.
I’ve seen oven versions of this recipe, but most include an Italian dressing seasoning packet. Instead of using a seasoning packet to flavor the sauce in this dish, I make a simple mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and dried seasonings. If you love this one-pot meal you need to see my Garlic Butter Chicken and Veggies, that recipe has the same concept as this one but not as healthy.
How to make:
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Fresh green beans
- Red Potatoes
For the homemade dressing:
- Fresh lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Onion powder
- Minced garlic
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt, pepper, and minced garlic
- Place the chicken breasts in the center of an oval slow cooker. Then on one side add the red potatoes (you will have to mound these), add the green beans on the other side.
- Pour the homemade dressing/marinade over everything.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or low for 7 hours.
Can I use a different vegetable than green beans?
Yes! If you aren’t a green bean fan, then try one of these substitutes.
- Canned or fresh corn
- Extra potatoes
Can I use lemon juice out of a squeeze bottle?
No. This recipe isn’t the time or place to use squeeze bottle lemon juice; the recipe will taste off if you use it. Lemons are cheap, be sure to grab them at the store.
Can I use the Italian dressing mix instead of making the homemade dressing?
Yes! You can forgo all the dressing ingredients and drizzle a half cup of butter over the seasoned chicken, potatoes and green beans then sprinkle an Italian dressing mix over. Follow the same cooking directions below.
You can find the Italian dressing mix on the salad dressing aisle next to the ranch dressing packets.
- Slow Cooker – 6-quart oval
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ½ lb. fresh green beans trimmed (about 2.5 cups)
- 1.25 lb. diced red potatoes about 4 cups
Homemade dressing ingredients:
- ⅓ cup FRESH lemon juice (1 large or 2 small lemons)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Start by placing the chicken in a 6-quart slow cooker, in the center. Next, add the green beans on one side. Then for the potatoes, you will need to mound them high off to the other side.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic cloves.
- Pour this mixture evenly over the chicken, green beans and potatoes.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 7 hours, without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Note- Do NOT use lemon juice out of squeeze bottle, the recipe will not turn out correct.
First Published 04/11/2015
Want more Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes? See my other favorites here:
- Slow Cooker Chicken with Bacon Gravy
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy (without bacon)
- Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Slow Cooker Full Chicken Dinner
- Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken and Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken and Veggies
- Slow Cooker No Peek Chicken
- Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken with Rice
- Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Alpine Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole