This meal of Company Pot Roast reminds me of a perfect Sunday Dinner.
This recipe came about because I promised to make dinner for my neighbors family, the mom was in the hospital and the husband and 4 kids needed dinner. I didn’t want to bring over my Slow Cooker Complete Pot Roast Dinner, though that recipe tastes amazing, I didn’t want to serve brownish colored crockpot potatoes. So I cooked the just pot roast and gravy in the slow cooker and cooked the potatoes and carrots separately, so it would be a more visually appealing meal.
Note- This makes just enough gravy, if you want loads of gravy, double the soup, gravy mix, and water ingredients.
More pot roast recipes for your slow cooker:
- Classic Slow Cooker Pot Roast and Vegetables
- Slow Cooker Horseradish Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Dill Pickle Roast
- Slow Cooker Amish Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Beer Onion and Ketchup Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Italian Pot Roast
Company Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker – 5 quart or larger
- 5 pound Bottom Round Rump Roast
- 1/2 salt
- 1/4 pepper
- 1/2 onion powder
- cooking oil
- 10.5 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
- 1.25 oz. brown gravy packet
- 1/4 cup water
- mashed potatoes for serving
- steamed carrots tossed in butter and parsley for serving
- Sprinkle the roast evenly with salt, pepper, and onion powder. Set a large skillet to medium high heat, and put enough cooking oil in to coat the bottom of the pan. Brown the roast on all sides. Place into a 5-quart or larger slow cooker.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the cream of mushroom soup, gravy and water together. Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Strain gravy through a metal strainer if desired.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and steamed carrots.