This Slow Cooker Boursin Cheese Chicken Pasta is absolutely delicious and made with just a few ingredients. It’s a classic chicken dish with a creamy herb sauce that’s cooked to perfection.
Looking for another chicken recipe with a yummy cheese sauce? You’ll love my Slow Cooker Angel Chicken!
What is Boursin Cheese?
With a texture similar to cream cheese, Boursin cheese (often called gournay cheese) is considered a soft cheese that comes in many flavors. Think of your favorite fresh herbs like fresh chives and garlic combined with a few other ingredients like chicken cutlets. No wonder this creamy Boursin chicken recipe is among the top delicious recipes!
The spreadable cheese is also easy to duplicate from scratch when making an easy cheeseball appetizer.
- Chicken: Boneless skinless chicken breasts are slowly cooked and then shredded.
- Orecchiette Pasta: Like seashells, this pasta pairs perfectly with Boursin cheese chicken pasta. This thick pasta holds well to this creamy sauce and chicken.
- Chicken Broth: Helps cook the chicken while adding an additional chicken flavor.
- Heavy Cream: Provides a creamy sauce texture and herb flavor to the cheese sauce.
- Boursin Cheese: You’ll use two packages to give this recipe a rich flavor of garlic and fine herbs. You won’t believe how this melts into a creamy Boursin sauce.
- Seasonings: Garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
- Parmesan Cheese: For serving.
Step One – Add chicken breasts, chicken broth, and seasonings to the slow cooker. Then place the Boursin cheeses on top of the chicken breasts.
Step Two – Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
Step Three – Shred the chicken with two forks.
Step Four – Pour in the heavy cream and stir.
Step Five – Add cooked and drained pasta.
Step Six – Give everything a good stir to combine. The Boursin sauce will coat the pasta perfectly.
How to serve
- This recipe is excellent for serving mashed potatoes and/or green beans.
- It’s also an ideal chicken dinner that can be enjoyed with a nice side salad.
- Boursin chicken with pasta can also be served with a side of garlic bread.
- For toppings, add chopped chives, an extra dash of salt and pepper, parmesan cheese, and even a few sun-dried tomatoes that go great with the creamy chicken.
Recipe FAQs and Variations
Boneless skinless chicken thighs should be fine to use.
You can add fresh baby spinach, chopped mushrooms, and other vegetables to compliment the creamy sauce.
Add any chicken with Boursin leftovers to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Yes, though we usually grab the garlic with fine herbs variety, you can use the caramelized onions and fine herbs, fig and balsamic, shallot and chive, or even the cracked pepper flavor in this creamy pasta dish.
You can use any hearty pasta in this dish, such as penne pasta, rigatoni, cavatappi, or bow ties. Angel hair or egg noodles will be too delicate for this recipe.
Slow Cooker Boursin Cheese Chicken Pasta
- 1 ½ lbs. chicken breasts
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 10.4 oz. Boursin Cheese (two 5.2 oz. packages) I use "garlic and fine herbs"
- ½ cup chicken broth
WAIT TO ADD
- 16 oz. orecchiette pasta (Cooked on the stove top, see directions below)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- parmesan for serving
- Add the chicken breasts to the slow cooker. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, minced garlic and Italian seasonings.
- Add the boursin cheeses on top of the chicken breasts.
- Add the chicken broth to the slow cooker.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Toward the end of the cooking time. Start the water on the stove top for the pasta. Cook until al dente. While that boils, shred the chicken with two forks, right in the slow cooker. Pour in the heavy cream, stir.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta. Stir.
- Serve and enjoy! Top each serving with parmesan cheese if desired.
How to Video:
- You can use any flavor of Boursin cheese in this recipe such as the original version garlic and fine herbs, caramelized onions and fine herbs, fig and balsamic, shallot and chive, or even the cracked pepper flavor in this creamy pasta dish.
- You can use any hearty pasta in this dish, such as penne pasta, rigatoni, cavatappi or bow ties. Angel hair or egg noodles will be too delicate for this recipe.
- Store the leftovers to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.