This light Slow Cooker Summer Minestrone soup has amazing flavor and makes enough for days!
This Slow Cooker Summer Minestrone is a great recipe for a dinner that won’t weigh you down. Full of veggies and touch of pasta, though the pasta can be left out if desired. The flavor of this soup reminds me of Marie Callender’s vegeatable soup from when I worked there years ago. Even if you leave this soup on too long with the squash in it, the squash still tastes great.
So many fresh ingredients go into this. I did cheat and used canned corn, if you want to use corn fresh off the cob, that would be great too.
I add the squash at the 6 hour mark, then cook it with the soup for 2 hours more. Look how perfectly tender it is!
Here is the YouTube video of the recipe. You can follow me on YouTube, here.
I love how light this meal was, and I didn’t feel deprived at all! I plan on making it again without the pasta, the squash made it hearty enough. Have a great week! I’ve been busy in the kitchen, I should have 1-2 new recipes for you next week, stay tuned.
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 cups cut green beans
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (15.25-oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15-oz.) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 tsp. dried leaf thyme
- 1.5 tsp. dried leaf basil
- 1 (15-oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 (32-oz.) pkgs. chicken broth
- 2 small zuchinnis, sliced (add at the 6 hour mark)
- 2 small yellow squash, sliced (add at the 6 hour mark)
- 2 cups ditalini pasta, cooked according to package directions (add at the very end)
- Add the onion, green beans, bell pepper, corn, white beans, salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, basil, diced tomatoes and chicken broth to the slow cooker and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Add the squash, cook for 2 hours more.
- Add the drained cooked pasta, and serve.
I used my 6-quart Crock-Pot® for this recipe and the soup pretty much filled the slow cooker. I don’t recommend using a smaller slow cooker for this recipe.
You may also like: Slow Cooker Engagement Chicken