Since making this easy Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Pie dip, I may never make a regular apple pie again. All the flavors of apple pie in an easy dip! I’m all about easy meals and desserts lately.
For the pie crust dippers, I used Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust. I spread the pie crusts out, brushed with milk, and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. Then I cut the crust into strips and baked. My mom used to do this with her leftover dough when she made homemade pie when I was a kid. Those leftover pie strips were better than a pie to me back then.
The busy season has officially hit at the post office, loads of political mail, then packages and christmas cards will be next. I am always surprised how busy work gets, though it hits every year at the same time. If I’m feeling nice, I’ll have to bring this dip in for my co-workers. They devour anything. And I am getting sick of every other day donuts that my coworkers bring in.
- 5 cups peeled and diced apples
- 1 (12.25-oz.) jar caramel sauce (I use Smucker's glass jar ice cream topping)
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch salt
- 1 (14-oz) pkg. refrigerated pie dough
- ⅛ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Combine apples, caramel, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt into a 3 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on HIGH for 1.5- 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread out one pie crust at a time onto a baking sheet. Using a pastry brush, spread on the milk. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar mixture onto the pie crusts.
- Using a pizza cutter or knife cut the pie crusts into serving strips.
- Spread out the strips on the baking sheet so they don't bake together.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Repeat with other pie crust.
- Serve and enjoy.