If you love Lemon Pepper Chicken then you will LOVE this Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken and Rice recipe!
How was your Christmas? I had a wonderful Christmas but I’m ready for my everyday uneventful life again. Today I am sharing my newest recipe for Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken with Rice. I have a similar recipe on the blog that is basil flavored, you can find that one here. In this recipe the chicken is cooked for 6 hours on low, then I stir in Minute Brand rice, standard rice will not work in this recipe. I’ve found that Minute rice does the best in the slow cooker, it gets tender and has just the right consistency.
I cook the chicken with broth, lemon juice, butter, leeks and seasonings.
Here is what the chicken looks like after cooking for 6 hours on low.
Then I stir in 2 cups of Minute brand rice and cook for 25 additional minutes.
Pretty much a complete meal! I steamed broccoli for the side since that’s my daughters favorite vegetable. I hope you enjoy this recipe, I’ll have one more new recipe next week. Have a great weekend.
Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken and Rice
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup diced leeks
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (trim any excess fat and discard)
- 3 Tbsp. salted butter, sliced
Add this at the end:
- 2 cups uncooked Minute Brand rice (do not use regular rice, it won’t turn out)
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, leeks, garlic, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper to the slow cooker. Stir. Add the chicken thighs into the mixture.
- Add the butter on top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- When the six hours is up, stir in the Minute Brand rice. Cover and cook for an additional 25 minutes on LOW. Serve and enjoy!