Slow Cooker Hash Brown Potato Leek is an effortless soup to make that turns out wonderful!
A while back I made a potato cheese soup in the slow cooker with frozen hash brown potatoes that I really enjoyed. I came up with this idea to use hash brown potatoes in potato leek soup. Not only is it way easier than peeling and cutting potatoes, I really liked the texture of the hash brown potatoes in this soup.
In the photo below I start with the frozen hash brown potatoes, cut leeks, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, bay leaves and garlic. I also add chicken broth. Chicken broth is my favorite way to flavor meat-less soups, it adds more flavor than adding water. Make sure to rinse the leeks after cutting them, so much sand get trapped in the layers!
Below is what the soup looks like after cooking for 4 hours on high with cream added. I decided to add cooked bacon on top for a little crunch, so good!
More Crockpot Soup Potato Soup Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Homemade Potato Soup
- Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Slow Cooker Steak and Potato Soup
- Slow Cooker Potato Cheese Soup
This hash brown potato leek soup for my family is enough for a main course with French bread. The soup is even better heated up for lunch the next day.
I hope to add a few more soup recipes to the site before the warm weather hits, so stay tuned. Have a great week!
Slow Cooker Hash Brown Potato Leek Soup
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 30 oz. bag frozen hash browns (I use Ore-ida brand)
- 1½ cups sliced leeks make sure to wash sand off
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 32 oz. box chicken broth
- 1½ cups heavy cream add at the end
- Add everything to the slow cooker except the cream.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
- After the cooking time is done remove the bay leaves.
- Add the heavy cream, stir.
- Serve and enjoy!