Slow Cooker Crack Chicken has everything that is good and addicting in it! Filled with bacon, cheese, cream cheese, and ranch dressing mix.
I finally got around to trying this Slow Cooker Crack Chicken recipe. My neighbor told me about this crack chicken, though she makes instant pot crack chicken.
This crack chicken recipe is a creation by Shelly from the website Cookies and Cups. I am so glad I gave this recipe a try the flavors go so good together and go great over white rice which helps take away a bit of the saltiness.
How to make Crack Chicken:
I start with chicken thighs instead of breasts. I feel the thighs have more moisture, and the overall dish turns out decadent with the thighs. I also only use one ranch packet to cut back on the sodium.
You will need these ingredients:
- Chicken thighs – trim off excess fat
- Ranch dressing seasoning mix (can use dip mix if that’s what you have)
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Cooked bacon
- Green onions
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Top with the ranch packet and cream cheese. Wait to add the other ingredients.
How long do I cook?
- Place the lid on the slow cooker
- Cook on low for 7 hours and do not open the lid during the cooking time.
- After the cooking time is up, shred the chicken with 2 forks. I do this right in the slow cooker, no need to remove the chicken and dirty a plate.
- Add the cooked bacon then top with the cheddar cheese. Place the lid back on to let the cheese melt. Sprinkle over green onions if desired.
What to serve this with
- Over white rice (my favorite option)
- Eat it as is if you are on a low carb or keto diet
- Over-toasted hamburger buns
- Mashed potatoes
- Inside of baked potatoes
- With crackers; serve as a dip
- Add a salad on the side with any of the above options
This dish is so rich and creamy! I am dreaming about making it again this week. Such a fun recipe to try for a Sunday dinner or even to entertain guests. Give this recipe a try and let me know how you like it. Have a great week.
Here are my other favorite slow cooker chicken recipes:
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken with Bacon Gravy
- Slow Cooker Root Beer Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
- Slow Cooker Basil Chicken
- Slow Cooker Hot Chicken
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs (trim off excess fat if desired)
- 1 oz. packet ranch seasoning mix
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- 8 slices bacon (sliced, cooked and drained)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Add the chicken thighs to the slow cooker. Sprinkle over the ranch seasoning mix. Place the cream cheese on top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Shred the chicken, I do this right in the slow cooker with 2 forks. Stir the cooked cream cheese into the shredded chicken and also stir in the bacon. Spread out into an even layer. Sprinkle over the cheese. Cover for 10 more minutes to allow the cheddar cheese to melt.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle over the green onions. Enjoy! Other great ways to serve is over a baked potato or on sandwich rolls.
How to Video:
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.