I added some spice to my trusty chicken noodle soup recipe. This Slow Cooker Curried Chicken Noodle Soup will hit the spot!
Hi again! I love a good bowl of chicken noodle soup, don’t you? This week while I was making my normal chicken noodle soup, I was rummaging through my spice cupboard, bottles of spices are falling out as usual. I came across my bottle of turmeric, and I thought a curry inspired chicken noodle sounds like great idea. Chicken noodle soup already has amazing healing effects when you are sick, and the turmeric can only compound that!
The chicken, broth, veggies and spices cook all-day.
Then I add cooked egg noodles.
Serve and Enjoy!
Have a great weekend! I will be back on Monday with the Vintage Slow Cooker Recipe of the Month. Be sure to check back I think it is the best vintage recipe yet that I have tried.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb. boneless skin-less chicken breasts
- 1½ cups sliced celery
- 1½ cups sliced carrots
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- salt to taste (add at the end)
- ½ (12-oz.) bag egg noodles, cooked according to package directions.
- 5-quart or larger
- Add the chicken broth, chicken, celery, carrots, onion, garlic, curry powder, turmeric, pepper and bay leaves to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Remove bay leaves and add cooked and drained noodles. Stir and serve!