I added spice to my trusty chicken noodle soup recipe. This Slow Cooker Curried Chicken Noodle Soup will hit the spot!
Hi again! I love a good bowl of chicken noodle soup, don’t you? This week while I was making my normal chicken noodle soup, I was rummaging through my spice cupboard, bottles of spices are falling out as usual.
I came across my bottle of turmeric, and I thought a curry inspired chicken noodle sounds like a great idea. Chicken noodle soup already has amazing healing effects when you are sick, and the turmeric can only compound that!
I came across my bottle of turmeric, and I thought a curry inspired chicken noodle sounds like great idea. Chicken noodle soup already has amazing healing effects when you are sick, and the turmeric can only compound that!
How to make Curried Chicken Noodle Soup:
The chicken, broth, veggies and spices cook all-day.
Then I add cooked egg noodles.
Serve and Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Curried Chicken Noodle Soup
- Slow Cooker – 5 quart or larger
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb. boneless skin-less chicken breasts
- 1½ cups celery sliced
- 1½ cups carrots sliced
- ½ cup yellow onion diced
- 1 tsp. garlic minced
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- salt to taste; add at the end if needed
- 6 oz egg noodles cooked according to package directions (half bag)
- Add the chicken broth, chicken, celery, carrots, onion, garlic, curry powder, turmeric, pepper, and bay leaves to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Remove bay leaves, add the cooked and drained noodles.
- Taste for salt, add if needed.
- Stir and serve!