It has been too long since I’ve made a healthy slow cooker meal, I made Seasoned Chicken, Potatoes and Green Beans this last weekend. I have seen oven versions of this recipe, but most include an Italian dressing seasoning packet. Instead of using a seasoning packet to flavor the sauce in this dish, I made a simple mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and dried seasonings.
Holy smokes my life has gotten busy! I have 7 book signings scheduled, note that I am still working full-time (loving every minute). I’m glad I found some time to get a recipe out for you all before my busiest week, I have 3 book signings this week, and a TV appearance! Everyone keeps asking me if I am nervous about my first book signing. I haven’t even had time to worry about my nerves for the first book signing, with the upcoming TV appearance looming. I have never been on TV, and it will be LIVE! You bet I will be practicing my recipe I will be making over and over before then. We may never eat Pork Carnitas again after this week is over.
- 1.5- 2lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ½ lb. fresh green beans, trimmed (about 2.5 cups)
- 1.25 lb. diced red potatoes (about 4 cups)
- ⅓ cup FRESH lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Start by placing the chicken in a 6-quart slow cooker, in the center. Next add the green beans on one side. Then for the potatoes, you will need to mound them high off to the other side.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic cloves.
- Pour this mixture evenly over the chicken, green beans and potatoes.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours, without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Note- Do NOT use lemon juice out of squeeze bottle and expect this to taste good! :)
I used my Oval 6-quart Slow Cooker for this recipe.
You may also like: Slow Cooker Baked Spaghetti