It has been too long since I’ve made a healthy slow cooker meal, I made Seasoned Chicken, Potatoes and Green Beans this last weekend. I have seen oven versions of this recipe, but most include an Italian dressing seasoning packet. Instead of using a seasoning packet to flavor the sauce in this dish, I made a simple mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and dried seasonings.
Holy smokes my life has gotten busy! I have 7 book signings scheduled, note that I am still working full-time (loving every minute). I’m glad I found some time to get a recipe out for you all before my busiest week, I have 3 book signings this week, and a TV appearance! Everyone keeps asking me if I am nervous about my first book signing. I haven’t even had time to worry about my nerves for the first book signing, with the upcoming TV appearance looming. I have never been on TV, and it will be LIVE! You bet I will be practicing my recipe I will be making over and over before then. We may never eat Pork Carnitas again after this week is over.
Here is my YouTube video on the making of this dish. You can follow me on YouTube here.
- 1.5- 2lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ½ lb. fresh green beans, trimmed (about 2.5 cups)
- 1.25 lb. diced red potatoes (about 4 cups)
- ⅓ cup FRESH lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Start by placing the chicken in a 6-quart slow cooker, in the center. Next add the green beans on one side. Then for the potatoes, you will need to mound them high off to the other side.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic cloves.
- Pour this mixture evenly over the chicken, green beans and potatoes.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours, without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Note- Do NOT use lemon juice out of squeeze bottle and expect this to taste good! 🙂
I used my Oval 6-quart Slow Cooker for this recipe.
You May also like: Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Pasta