This slow cooker fiesta chicken bake is easy to prepare and so decadent served over rice. I’ve been trying to find a good amount of slow cooker recipes that are served with rice because I don’t have patience lately for mashed potatoes or any other side dish that zaps my energy. I guess cooking most of my meals in my slow cooker has got me spoiled on easy dinners. My cheap little rice maker is my slow cooker’s best friend, I just toss some rice and water in and click start! Now if rice was calorie free…..
This slow cooker fiesta chicken bake starts with a can of cream of chicken soup, a can of rotel, can of black beans, diced white onion, chicken breasts, salt, pepper and onion powder. Cooks for 8 hours on low. I shred the chicken with two forks, and then stir in some sour cream. I serve this chicken and sauce over rice, and top with shredded cheddar cheese, diced tomato, green onion, and a couple dashes of tabasco! YUM YUM!
Above is the dish all finished after I shredded the chicken and stirred in the sour cream.
- 1 (10.75-oz,) can cream of chicken soup (don't add water)
- 1 (10-oz.) can original Rotel (spicy canned diced tomatoes)
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup diced white onion
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- steamed rice, corn chips, diced tomatoes, green onion, and tabasco for serving
- In a 6-quart slow cooker stir the cream of chicken soup and Rotel until smooth. Add the diced onion and drained and rinsed beans. Stir.
- Add the chicken breast on top of the soup mixture and sprinkle with the salt, pepper and onion powder.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks right in the slow cooker.
- Stir in the sour cream. Season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over steamed rice and top with desired toppings.