This creamy Slow Cooker Loaded Chicken Bacon Potato Soup is hearty enough to be the main course!
Hi all! I am so happy to share this soup with you today. I love baked potato soup! This time I added bacon and chicken into the mix to add more flavor and make it heartier.
This recipe starts with simple ingredients. I like to cook to the bacon before adding it to the soup, it get’s the fat out and has a better texture that way. I let the soup cook for 8 hours before I add the cream cheese.
I think my favorite part of this soup is the toppings. Years ago on one of my first dates with my husband we went to a restaurant that served their potato soup with perfect rows of toppings like this. It’s the little things like this in life that make me happy.
I hope you have a great weekend. I have lots of great recipes planned for this month, stay tuned!
- 1- 1.5 lbs. boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- 5 cups peeled and cubed russet potatoes
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 6 slices cooked bacon sliced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 32-oz. container chicken broth
- 12 ounces cream cheese 1.5 (8-oz. packs)
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- additional bacon
- sliced green onion
Slow Cooker Size:
- 6- quart or larger
- Add the chicken, potatoes, onion, bacon, salt, pepper, garlic and chicken broth to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken on to a plate, and dice. Don’t add it back to the slow cooker yet.
- Add a few ladles of the broth and potatoes to a blender, add the cream cheese to the blender. Cover and blend until smooth. Add this mixture to the slow cooker with the rest of the soup. Add the chicken and stir.
- Serve with desired toppings.