This creamy Slow Cooker Loaded Chicken Bacon Potato Soup is hearty enough to be the main course!
Hi all! I am so happy to share this soup with you today. I love baked potato soup! This time I added bacon and chicken into the mix to add more flavor and make it heartier.
This recipe starts with simple ingredients. I like to cook to the bacon before adding it to the soup, it get’s the fat out and has a better texture that way. I let the soup cook for 8 hours before I add the cream cheese.
I think my favorite part of this soup is the toppings. Years ago on one of my first dates with my husband we went to a restaurant that served their potato soup with perfect rows of toppings like this. It’s the little things like this in life that make me happy.
Slow Cooker Loaded Chicken Bacon Potato Soup
- Slow Cooker – 5 quart or larger
- 1½ lbs. boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- 5 cups peeled and cubed russet potatoes
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 6 slices cooked bacon sliced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 32 oz. container chicken broth
- 12 oz. cream cheese
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- additional bacon
- sliced green onion
- Add the chicken, potatoes, onion, bacon, salt, pepper, garlic and chicken broth to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken on to a plate, and dice. Don’t add it back to the slow cooker yet.
- Add a few ladles of the broth and potatoes to a blender, add the cream cheese to the blender. Cover and blend until smooth. Add this mixture to the slow cooker with the rest of the soup. Add the chicken and stir.
- Serve with desired toppings.