Pinto bean and chicken slow cooked together to make burrito bowls. Top with your favorite burrito toppings.
This recipe for Skinny Slow Cooker Burritos bowls won’t disappoint! I always gobble up the leftovers, and wish I had made more! Finally, another skinny slow cooker meal, my website has much more full fat recipes than skinny ones, and I hope to add many more skinny recipes this year!
Seasoned pinto beans and chicken simmer all day, after the cooking time over, I shred the chicken. Then scooped into bowls. Topped with shredded lettuce, fat-free cheese, fat-free sour cream, green onions, and tomatoes, and served with baked tortillas chips.
More bean recipes to try:
- Slow Cooker Spicy Pinto Beans
- Slow Cooker Pork Cassoulet
- Slow Cooker Land your Man Baked Beans
- Slow Cooker Tuscan White Bean Soup
Skinny Slow Cooker Burrito Bowls
- 1/2 lb. dried pinto beans
- 1 lb. boneless skineless chicken breasts
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup white onion diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 Tbsp. chile powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Baked tortilla chips
- fat free or light cheddar cheese
- fat free or light sour cream
- lettuce shredded
- green onions sliced
- tomatoes diced
- The night before, soak the beans in water, you can do this in your slow cooker, add enough water to cover, plus a few inches. Let this soak overnight, don’t turn on slow cooker yet.
- In the morning, drain the water off the beans, add the chicken breasts, 3 1/2 cups of water, onion, garlic, chile powder, cumin, oregano,(add salt when done)
- Set the slow cooker to Low for 9 hours. DO NOT OPEN THE LID!
- After cooking time is done, shred the chicken, you can do this right in the slow cooker with 2 forks.
- Add the salt to taste.
- Spoon into bowls, and top with desired toppings.
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.