This recipe for Skinny Slow Cooker Burritos bowls won’t disappoint! I always gobble up the leftovers, and wish I had made more! Finally, another skinny slow cooker meal, my website has much more full fat recipes than skinny ones, and I hope to add many more skinny recipes this year!
Seasoned pinto beans and chicken simmer all day, after the cooking time over, I shred the chicken. Then scooped into bowls. Topped with shredded lettuce, fat-free cheese, fat-free sour cream, green onions, and tomatoes, and served with baked tortillas chips.
Or you can try this below for serving!
I found these little gems below at Emily Bites, she makes low-fat taco bowls from corn tortillas, and non-stick cooking spray, on the bottom of a muffin tin! This would be a fun way to serve these pinto beans and chicken!
- ½ pound dried pinto beans (8 ounces)
- 1 pound boneless skineless chicken breasts
- 3½ cups water
- ½ cup white onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chile powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Baked tortilla chips
- fat free or light cheddar cheese
- fat free or light sour cream
- lettuce, shredded
- green onions, sliced
- tomatoes, diced
- The night before, soak the beans in water, you can do this in your slow cooker, add enough water to cover, plus a few inches. Let this soak overnight, don't turn on slow cooker yet.
- In the morning, drain the water off the beans, add the chicken breasts, 3½ cups of water, onion, garlic, chile powder, cumin, oregano,(add salt when done)
- Set the slow cooker to Low for 9 hours. DO NOT OPEN THE LID!
- After cooking time is done, shred the chicken, you can do this right in the slow cooker with 2 forks.
- Add the salt to taste.
- Spoon into bowls, and top with desired toppings.