Use Olive Garden Italian Dressing to make this Slow Cooker Olive Garden Chicken Pasta! It’s a creamy pasta dish that has so much flavor.
We love easy pasta dishes for the crockpot! Try my Baked Spaghetti, Feta and Tomato Pasta, or Beef Stroganoff recipes too!
I found this recipe in my Facebook group and had to try it out! You can make this Olive Garden Chicken with or without the pasta! Serve over rice or just with green steamed vegetables.
How to make Olive Garden Chicken Pasta in the Crockpot:
- Add chicken breasts to the slow cooker.
- Pour over one 16-ounce jar of Olive Garden Italian Dressing (or any Italian dressing you have on hand.
- Shake over grated parmesan cheese and ground pepper. Add one block of cream cheese.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or low for 5-6.
- Shred the chicken with two forks right in the slow cooker.
- Cook 16 ounces of pasta according to the package directions on the stove-top. I am using penne pasta for this recipe.
- Add the drained pasta to the slow cooker along with the sauce and shredded chicken, stir.
- Sprinkle over more parmesan cheese if desired. I also garnished with a touch of oregano and black pepper.
Can I serve this chicken with something other than pasta?
- Serve over rice.
- Or with steamed vegetables.
Must I use cream cheese?
You can leave it out or add a cup of heavy cream at the end of cooking time is desired. Though the sauce will be thinner.
Does this taste like chicken alfredo?
This Olive Garden Chicken Pasta is thick and creamy like alfredo but has a zesty Italian dressing flavor
What should I serve with olive garden chicken pasta?
Chose one or more of these great dishes to go along with this dish:
- Olive Garden Salad – Recipe by The Cookie Rookie
- Olive Garden Bread Sticks – Recipe by Lil Luna (or buy them premade, I get mine at Safeway)
- Slow Cooker Copycat Gnocchi Soup
- Slow Cooker Copycat Zuppa Toscana
- Slow Cooker Copycat Minestrone – Recipe by Tammilee Tips
Want to make more magic in your crockpot? Stay up to date and subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube.
Slow Cooker Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast (1.5-2 pounds works fine)
- 16 oz. Olive Garden Italian dressing (or any Italian dressing you like) Note- olive garden dressing is high in sodium and can be salty. Choose a lower sodium dressing if desired.
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 8 oz. cream cheese
Add these items after cooking time is up:
- 16 oz. penne pasta cooked according to package directions and drain well
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Add the chicken breasts to the slow cooker.
- Pour over the Olive Garden Italian dressing and sprinkle over the parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Place the cream cheese on top.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 5-6 hours.
- When the cooking time is almost done, start cooking the pasta on the stove top as directed on the package.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks. Drain the pasta and add to the chicken and sauce. Stir. Sprinkle over the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to Video:
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.
Made this yesterday for dinner, and i have to say it was ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!! I don’t really understand why people get on and give crappie reviews…if I try something and don’t care for it guess what I move on and don’t make again. However I felt compelled to give this a 5 star review. Easy and delicious thank you for the recipe, will be making this time and again.
This was delicious! Husband loved it too and can’t wait for me to make again. I always follow a recipe exactly the first time. Thought this could’ve had a bit more sauce so may add some chicken broth next time but will be in my crockpot rotation of meals.
Terrible, the chicken tastes like tuna!
I’m learning to cook due to higher priced everything and my kids came back for a third helping so I’ll be trying some of your other recipes
Island Girl says
Pretty good. I adjusted the recipe by using only half the Olive Garden dressing and replaced the other half with ow sodium chicken broth, plus added 1/4 cup heavy cream.
We liked it OK, probably will not make again though..
Pat C says
So you didn’t actually make the recipe as written and your changes warranted a somewhat negative review? Maybe you should’ve tried making the recipe as it was written and you might’ve liked it better. Just a thought.
I was kind of skeptical of the recipe at first due to all the comments about it being salty, but I tried it anyways. However here’s how I altered it in order to make it less salty:
Firstly, I used 1.5kb boneless skinless chicken thighs, as they hold up better in the crockpot. I also seasoned it with the Olive Garden Italian seasoning and browned both sides of each piece before putting in the crockpot
1 onion chopped to preferred sizes (I did pretty large)
1 can cream of mushroom soup, mixed with 1 can full of chicken broth, BOTH UNSALTED! (This wound up being a little too much liquid so I half cooked the pasta then finished cooking it in the chicken mixture to soak up some of it)
2 packages baby Bella mushrooms, roughly chopped
3 cloves of garlic, smashed
Added in a l sprinkle of garlic powder
And last I only used about half of the dressing (I think it could’ve stood to have more) and tripled the pepper as someone else said but I used pepper medley
It wound up very mushroom-y which was great for us, but I bet you could use unsalted cream of chicken soup too instead? Or even just some heavy cream// half and half added in at the end for some thickness
Just tried this out tonight. The dressing was overpowering. My daughter and I ate some because we were starving. Unfortunately; I had to throw the rest out.
Tried it way to salty tasted like vinegar I’m sorry but this is terrible the dressing needs some measurement adjustments not trying to be negative sorry
My family loves this.
Ana Hernandez says
One of the worst things I have ever made. The Italian dressing bottle was way too strong. This doesn’t taste anything like Olive Garden. Maybe she meant half a packet of dried Italian dressing I don’t know. Nobody in my family ate it
The recipe as is was mediocre. Like most in the comment section I felt it needed to be elevated. The Italian dressing was overwhelming. I added roasted garlic, charbroiled red and yellow bell peppers and crushed red peppers.
Sarah Oliver says
My family loves this! It has become a staple in our house- at least once a month now. Thanks!
This was awesome!!! I did make some additions. I’m the crock pot I added 1 onion chopped, 3 bell peppers chopped. Triple the black pepper and dashes of onion powder and cayenne pepper. I used Amish noodles and it was fantastic! I had fresh spinach to add in the the peppers and onions were perfect so I didn’t. This recipe is so versatile that you can add whatever veggies you like.
Thankfully I tried it before I added the second 1/4 cup of Parmesan because it was super salty. I added a whole bag of mixed veggies and this helped cut it down. The family loved it though!
Not good- way too strong of an Italian dressing flavor- my garbage disposal loved it!!!