Perfect for a fall weekend dinner. Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili is not your average chili recipe!
This is not a white chicken chili! I thought about doing this recipe with white beans and very little chili seasonings to make it a “white chili” but that sounded really boring. This recipe has so much flavor from the garlic, chili seasoning, then the cool cream cheese.
This chili was so darn good I didn’t use cheese (gasp)!
Here is my YouTube video of the making of this chili. You can follow me on YouTube here.
I hope you enjoy this chili recipe. It’s really a must-try, make a big pot of this for game day! Have a great weekend!
- 1.5 - 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 (15-oz.) cans pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15-oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 Tbsp. minced jalapeno, use more if you like really spicy
- 1 (32-oz.) box chicken broth
- 1 (8-oz.) box cream cheese, cut into cubes
- ⅛ cup minced cilantro
- 6-quart or larger
- Add the chicken, salt, pepper, onion powder, chili powder, pinto beans, tomatoes, garlic, onion, jalapeno, and chicken broth to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 hours, or low for 8.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks, I do this right in the slow cooker.
- Add the cubed cream cheese into the soup. Cover for and additional 20 minutes. Stir the cream cheese into the soup. Some cream cheese chunks may remain, you can help them dissolve by pushing them up to the side of the slow cooker with the back of a spoon, and continued stirring. Stir in cilantro and serve.
Here are more great Slow Cooker Chili Recipes:
- Slow Cooker V8 Chili
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili
- Slow Cooker Texas No Bean Chili
- Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Chili
- Slow Cooker Venison Chili
- Slow Cooker Chipotle Turkey Chili
- Slow Cooker Steakhouse Chili
- Slow Cooker Memphis Chili
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Poblano Chili
- Slow Cooker Copycat Wendy’s Chili
- Slow Cooker Low Carb Beef and Bacon Chili