Easy freezer meal for Chicken Enchilada Soup that you will want to make over and over!
Freezer meals are the best for busy schedules. We make this recipe often or Freezer Lipton Onion Meatloaf.
All that is needed to get this meal on the table after it cooks is a little cheese and tortilla chips. How easy would that be after work?!
This recipe can be thrown directly into the slow cooker or put into a ziplock bag and put into the freezer for a meal later in the month.
The two photos below are what the meal looks like 3 weeks after being frozen, then thawed and cooked on low for 8 hours.
Other freezer slow cooker meals to try:
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 TBSP. minced jalapeno more if you can handle extreme heat
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- 8.75 oz. can corn, drained
- 10 oz. can red enchilada sauce
- 10.75 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 32 oz. box chicken broth
- Shredded Cheese cheddar or Monterey Jack
- Tortilla Chips
Cooking Instructions: (follow freezer meal instructions before cooking if you want to freeze)
- Place everything into a 6-quart slow cooker and stir. Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
Freezer Meal Preparations: (this recipe makes 1 freezer bag):
- Write the name of the meal, date and cooking time on the very bottom edge of the a gallon size Ziplock bag. Place the ziplock bag into a tall large container, fold down the lip of the bag so the zip part won’t get food all over it. Add the ingredients into to the bag in the order shown. Pull the bag out of the container and squeeze all the air out before sealing. Place flat in the freezer. Freeze for no longer than a month for best results.
To prepare after being frozen:
- Place the freezer bag in the fridge to thaw 24-48 hours before you are ready to cook.
- Cook according to directions above.