Pressure Cooker Barbecue Buffalo Hot Wings have a delicious mix of barbecue and buffalo sauce, this is a great appetizer to serve at your next party!
This post is sponsored by the Crock-Pot® brand, but all opinions are mine alone.
Hello! I have another great pressure cooker recipe for you during this fun month of Crocktober. I couldn’t decide on making barbecue or buffalo wings so I combined both sauces and came up with this delicious recipe. I used my Crock-Pot Express Crock Multi-Cooker again to test out how I could make an appetizer since football season is upon us.
The Express Crock can cook foods up to 70% faster than traditional cooking. The device also has a brown/sauté function which I used in this recipe to brown the wings before pressure cooking. The Express Crock also has steam and slow cook functions and a has 8 preset buttons that take the guess works out of cooking. The first thing I made in my Express Crock was black beans in chicken broth with seasonings that I had on hand. I didn’t have a specific recipe to follow, so I pressed the bean setting and it worked perfectly. Same when I cooked a turkey breast and used the poultry setting. I was nervous that I wouldn’t be able to make the switch from slow cooker to a pressure cooker, but I’ve had zero problems!
I love the sauce combination in this recipe, if you have a favorite sauce you can use it instead of mine. This is a great base recipe.
I served these wings topped with chives and blue cheese dressing to dip the wings in.
As you can see the Express Crock can make just about any meal, an appetizer for game day or a hearty dinner like the Pressure Cooker Lemon Dill Chicken and Potatoes I shared recently. I’m using the 6-quart Express Crock, but there is also a 4-quart and an 8-quart Express Crock. In December my pressure cooker recipes I’ve been sharing along with a few fellow bloggers will be in a free E-book made by the Crock-Pot brand! Stay tuned and I will let you know how to access it. Have a great weekend, I hope there is plenty of relaxing and home cooking going on for you.
Pressure Cooker Barbecue Buffalo Hot Wings
- 3 lbs. chicken wingettes
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Press the brown/sauté button on the Crock-Pot Express Crock Multi-Cooker. When the device is hot, brown the chicken wingettes on both sides. I did this in a few batches.
- Add the chicken broth, butter, and garlic on top of the chicken.
- Secure the lid. Press the poultry function, set the pressure to HIGH and set the time for 15 minutes. Be sure the steam release valve is in the "Seal" (closed) position. Press start.
- When the cooking time is complete, release the pressure by flipping the pressure knob. When the pressure has been released open the lid and drain most the broth off of the broth of the wings, leaving about a 1/4 of broth on the bottom of the Express Crock under the wingettes.
- In a small bowl combine the barbecue sauce, buffalo sauce, chili powder, onion powder and pepper. Pour over the wings in the Express Crock and stir.
- Serve with ranch or blue cheese and enjoy!
p style=”text-align: center;”>This post is sponsored by the Crock-Pot® brand, but all opinions are mine alone.