Slow Cooker Strawberry Mulled Wine
Whether for a party or romantic evening for two, this Strawberry Mulled Wine is a great way to enjoy your evening.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time2 hrs
Total Time2 hrs 10 mins
- 750 mL red wine (used Menage a Trois Red Blend)
- 2 cups apple cider
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups strawberries sliced
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 5 cloves
- 3 star anise pods
- orange zest from half of an orange
Add everything to the slow cooker. Stir.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 3-4 hours.
Turn the slow cooker to warm for your party. You can keep on the warm setting for up to 4 hours.
Serve with extra cinnamon sticks if desired and mugs (or heat resistant paper cups).
What kind of red wine should I use?
Can I use a different kind of fruit?
- Use your favorite red wine.
- I use red blend or cabernet savingnon
Can I double this?
Yes, if you have a 6-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Blackberries or raspberries
- To make Christmas flavored mulled wine add 1 cup of cranberry juice, 1 sliced orange and 1 cup of fresh cranberries.
Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 14mg | Potassium: 351mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1mg