Slow Cooker Farmers Market Beef Stew
Add summer vegetables to beef stew in the slow cooker for the best dinner ever!
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time7 hrs
Total Time7 hrs 25 mins
- 2 lbs. Stew Meat or 2 pounds any lean roast cut into 1 inch or so squares
- ½ cup flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 28 oz. cans beef broth (two 14-oz. cans)
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1½ lbs. red potatoes quartered or diced 1 inch or so
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced large
- ½ large red onion, diced large
- 2 ears of corn, cut the corn off with a knife
- 2 cups fresh green beans snipped and cut in half
Combine flour, salt, pepper, onion powder, and thyme in a big ziplock bag. Shake, then add the stew meat.
Shake to coat the pieces evenly.
Brown the meat in the cooking oil on all sides, you don't need to cook the meat through. You may need to cook the meat in batches.
Put the meat into the slow cooker.
Put the pan back on the stove and de-glaze the pan with the beef broth, and tomato paste, scrape up any brown bits of meat and flour into the sauce. This will only take a minute or so.
Add the sauce to the slow cooker.
Add the potatoes, carrots, onions, corn and green beans to the slow cooker.
Give everything a big stir.
Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 1219mg | Potassium: 1253mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 4378IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 5mg