Slow Cooker Summer Minestrone Soup
Fresh summer vegetables in a rich broth make the best soup that won't leave you feeling heavy.
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time8 hrs
Total Time8 hrs 25 mins
- ½ cup white onion (one small onion); diced
- 2 cups green beans trimmed and cut
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 15¼ oz. whole kernel corn drained
- 15 oz. white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic (two plump cloves); minced
- 1½ tsp. dried thyme
- 1½ tsp. dried basil
- 30 oz. petite diced tomatoes (two-15-oz. cans)
- 64 oz. chicken broth (two-32-oz. cartons)
- 2 zucchinis (two small); sliced (add at the 6 hour mark)
- 2 yellow squash (two small); sliced (add at the 6 hour mark)
- 2 cups cooked ditalini pasta (add at the very end)
Note: this soup has a 8 hour total cooking time, the squash gets added at the 6 hour mark
Add the onion, green beans, bell pepper, corn, white beans, salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, basil, diced tomatoes and chicken broth to the slow cooker and stir.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
Add the squash, cook for 2 hours more.
Add the drained cooked pasta, and serve.
Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1088mg | Potassium: 988mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 870IU | Vitamin C: 54mg | Calcium: 108mg | Iron: 4mg