Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana
Potatoes, sausage in a creamy based soup along with kale.
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time7 hrs 20 mins
Total Time7 hrs 45 mins
- 6 slices bacon cut, cooked and drained
- 1 lb. mild pork sausage browned and drained (such as jimmy dean)
- 4 cups diced russet potatoes
- 1 cup diced white onion
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 32 oz. box chicken broth
- 1½ cups heavy cream add at the end
- 4 cups chopped kale add at the end
Add everything to the slow cooker EXCEPT the cream and kale.
Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours.
When the cooking time is done, add the heavy cream and kale, push the kale down in to the soup.
Cover and cook for and additional 20 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 486kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 113mg | Sodium: 992mg | Potassium: 804mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 4045IU | Vitamin C: 55mg | Calcium: 110mg | Iron: 2mg