Slow Cooker Sesame Garlic Chicken
Asian inspired chicken cooked in the slow cooker.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time8 hrs
Total Time8 hrs 10 mins
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice I used the juice from a small can of pineapples
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds of chicken breasts sliced or cubed
- 2 garlic cloves chopped finely
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch of green onions sliced some reserved for serving
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds plus more for serving
- jasmine rice for serving
- Sriracha hot sauce for serving if you like it spicy
Mix the cornstarch and the 3 tablespoons of water in a medium bowl, until the cornstarch dissolves. Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, pineapple juice, garlic powder, and black pepper. Mix well. Put the mixture into the slow cooker.
Add the chicken, garlic, mushrooms, green onions, and sesame seeds into the slow cooker, making sure to save some green onions for serving.
Give all the ingredients a stir.
Cook on low for 8 hours.
Stir once more after cooking time is done.
Serve with rice, and top with reserved green onions and sesame seeds.
Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 723mg | Potassium: 731mg | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 1.3% | Vitamin C: 5% | Calcium: 5.3% | Iron: 8.3%