Slow Cooker Cajun 15 Bean Soup with Turkey
Leftover turkey with Cajun 15 bean soup mix.
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time7 hrs
Total Time7 hrs 25 mins
- 20 oz. Hurst' HamBeensⓇ Cajun 15 Bean SoupⓇ mix (save Cajun flavor packet for the end of cooking time)
- 3 cups leftover cooked turkey or chicken
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. liquid hickory smoke
- 8 cups water
Add these ingredients at the end:
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- ½ lemon, juiced
- salt to taste
Rinse and sort through the dry beans, sort out any debris and discard. Add the rinsed beans to the slow cooker.
Add the cooked turkey, onion, celery, poblano pepper, bell pepper, oregano, pepper, liquid smoke, and water. Pour over the water and stir. (Wait to add the tomatoes and lemon juice).
Cover and cook on HIGH for 7 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time. Add the crushed tomatoes, lemon juice and the Cajun seasoning packet, stir. Add salt if desired.
Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 337kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 416mg | Potassium: 1261mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 3282IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 2mg