This light Slow Cooker Summer Minestrone soup has amazing flavor and makes enough for days!
This Slow Cooker Summer Minestrone is a great recipe for a dinner that won’t weigh you down. Full of veggies and touch of pasta, though the pasta can be left out if desired. The flavor of this soup reminds me of Marie Callender’s vegeatable soup from when I worked there years ago. Even if you leave this soup on too long with the squash in it, the squash still tastes great.
So many fresh ingredients go into this. I did cheat and used canned corn, if you want to use corn fresh off the cob, that would be great too.
I add the squash at the 6 hour mark, then cook it with the soup for 2 hours more. Look how perfectly tender it is!
I love how light this meal was, and I didn’t feel deprived at all! I plan on making it again without the pasta, the squash made it hearty enough.
Try one of these soup recipes next:
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Slow Cooker Beer Cheese Soup
- Slow Cooker Ham Hock and Dumplings
Slow Cooker Summer Minestrone Soup
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 1/2 cup white onion (one small onion); diced
- 2 cups green beans trimmed and cut
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 15.25 oz. whole kernel corn drained
- 15 oz. white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic (two plump cloves); minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 30 oz. petite diced tomatoes (two-15-oz. cans)
- 64 oz. chicken broth (two-32-oz. cartons)
- 2 zucchinis (two small); sliced (add at the 6 hour mark)
- 2 yellow squash (two small); sliced (add at the 6 hour mark)
- 2 cups cooked ditalini pasta (add at the very end)
Note: this soup has a 8 hour total cooking time, the squash gets added at the 6 hour mark
- Add the onion, green beans, bell pepper, corn, white beans, salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, basil, diced tomatoes and chicken broth to the slow cooker and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Add the squash, cook for 2 hours more.
- Add the drained cooked pasta, and serve.