This Slow Cooker Shredded Beef tortilla Stack will please any Mexican food craving you will have. This is an all-day slow cooker meal, which is perfect for my work days.
This recipe is similar to my Chicken Enchilada Casserole Recipe. The recipe starts with cooking the meat and sauce all-day. Then is easily assembled when I get home, and then cooked on high for a bit longer. Seriously the easiest enchilada style meal that can be made.
I had the busiest weekend of the year with my daughters 5th birthday, which was Frozen themed. I did the big barbie doll dress style cake- I swear that cake took 5 years off my life! I am glad to be back to my normal everyday life this week. I hope you enjoy my simple recipe for Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tortilla Stack.
- 1 lb. cubed beef stew meat well trimmed of fat
- 1 10-oz. can red enchilada sauce
This after above has cooked
- 9 corn toritllas
- 2 cups shredded cheese I use finely shredded packaged cheddar
- 1 4-oz. can fire-roasted diced green chiles, drained
- 1 3.8-oz. can sliced black olives, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped clilantro
- In a 6-quart slow cooker add the stew meat and the enchilada sauce.
- Cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- With the back of a fork crush the stew meat to shred it. Place all the sauce and meat into a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- In another medium-sized bowl mix together the shredded cheese, green chilies, olives and cilantro.
- Now to start layering the enchilada stack.
- Place a 1/2 cup of the reserved sauce and meat onto the bottom of the slow cooker
- A tortirlla next.
- -1/4 cup sauce/meat.
- -1/4 cup cheese mixture.
- Another tortilla.
- Keep doing layers of sauce/meat (1/4 cup) and cheese mixture (1/4 cup) then a tortilla, until all 9 tortillas are gone. Add the remaining sauce, then the remaining cheese to top of the last tortiila.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour more.
- Serve and enjoy!
You may also like Slow Cooker Enchilada Casserole