This Slow Cooker Shredded Beef tortilla Stack will please any Mexican food craving you will have. This is an all-day slow cooker meal, which is perfect for my workdays.
This recipe is similar to my Chicken Enchilada Casserole Recipe. The recipe starts with cooking the meat and sauce all-day. Then is easily assembled when I get home, and then cooked on high for a bit longer. Seriously the easiest enchilada style meal that can be made.
I had the busiest weekend of the year with my daughter’s 5th birthday, which was Frozen themed. I did the big barbie doll dress style cake- I swear that cake took 5 years off my life! I am glad to be back to my normal everyday life this week. I hope you enjoy my simple recipe for Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tortilla Stack.
Want more Mexican style recipes?
Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tortilla Stack
- Slow Cooker – 5 quart or larger
- 1 lb. cubed beef stew meat well trimmed of fat
- 10 oz. can red enchilada sauce
To assemble the tortilla stack:
- 9 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheese I use finely shredded packaged cheddar
- 4 oz. can fire-roasted diced green chiles drained
- 3.8 oz. can sliced black olives drained
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a 6-quart slow cooker add the stew meat and the enchilada sauce.
- Cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- With the back of a fork crush the stew meat to shred it. Place all the sauce and meat into a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- In another medium-sized bowl mix together the shredded cheese, green chilies, olives and cilantro.
- Now to start layering the enchilada stack.
- Place a 1/2 cup of the reserved sauce and meat onto the bottom of the slow cooker
- A tortilla next.
- 1/4 cup sauce/meat.
- 1/4 cup cheese mixture.
- Another tortilla.
- Keep doing layers of sauce/meat (1/4 cup) and cheese mixture (1/4 cup) then a tortilla, until all 9 tortillas are gone. Add the remaining sauce, then the remaining cheese to top of the last tortiila.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour more.
- Serve and enjoy!