This slow cooker sesame garlic chicken reminds me of a teriyaki chicken dish, that local Hawaiian restaurant serves. But now when I have a craving, I can make this, and it’s a lot cheaper too! I like to serve this with jasmine rice, and a drizzle of Sriracha hot chili sauce (only if want to make it super spicy!).
More chicken thigh recipes for your slow cooker:
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
- Slow Root Beer Chicken
- Slow Cooker Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Green Chile Chicken
- Slow Cooker Homemade Salsa Chicken
Slow Cooker Sesame Garlic Chicken
- Slow Cooker – 5 quart or larger
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice I used the juice from a small can of pineapples
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds of chicken breasts sliced or cubed
- 2 garlic cloves chopped finely
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch of green onions sliced some reserved for serving
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds plus more for serving
- jasmine rice for serving
- Sriracha hot sauce for serving if you like it spicy
- Mix the cornstarch and the 3 tablespoons of water in a medium bowl, until the cornstarch dissolves. Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, pineapple juice, garlic powder, and black pepper. Mix well. Put the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Add the chicken, garlic, mushrooms, green onions, and sesame seeds into the slow cooker, making sure to save some green onions for serving.
- Give all the ingredients a stir.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Stir once more after cooking time is done.
- Serve with rice, and top with reserved green onions and sesame seeds.