Healthy berry crisp made in the slow cooker. The topping is granola instead of a homemade topping.
I can’t believe it’s the end of June already! With all the fresh fruit available I made this gorgeous Slow Cooker Light Berry Crisp. Yes, it’s a healthy recipe, and couldn’t be any easier to boot.
I used 5 cups of fresh berries, a squeeze of lemon juice, then for the topping I used my favorite granola. I did not add any sugar. Why do you ask? Because I knew I was going to top this beauty with low-fat ice cream, I love Dreyer’s half the fat French Vanilla, which compliments the tart berries perfectly.
How to make granola berry crisp:
You will need:
- 3 cups raspberries
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 1 1/2 cups granola
- Rinse the berries and add them to the slow cooker.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the berries.
- Sprinkle over the granola.
- Place a paper towel over the crockpot, then secure it in place with the lid of the slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 1 hours and 45 minutes without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
Can I use different fruit in this?
Yes! Any type of fruit can be used. Try one of these next time:
- Peaches or nectarines
- Thinly sliced apples
Such a perfect dessert for summertime. Light and fresh, with no guilt! I actually saved a bowl of this and at it for breakfast the next day (without ice cream!)
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger-oval
- cooking spray
- 3 cups raspberries
- 2 cups Blueberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (juice from ½ a lemon)
- 1½ cups granola (I used Bare-Naked Fruit and Nutty)
- vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Add the berries down to the bottom of the crock.
- Squeeze the lemon over the berries.
- Sprinkle the granola evenly over the berries.
- Place a paper towel over the top of the crock (pictured above) then secure it by covering the crock with its lid.
- Cook on LOW for 1 hour 45 minutes without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve topped with ice cream or whipped cream.