Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Turkey Breast is sweet and spicy and perfect for topping a summer salad.
Hi again! Summer is upon us here in Oregon. We had a few 90 degree days last week. I didn’t turn on my oven all week. I made this beautiful salad which had leftovers for the next day’s lunch. I eat a salad almost everyday for lunch. It was nice to use my crock pot for my salad meat, I have been getting so tired of chopped lunch meat on my salads.
I start with a bone-in, skin-on turkey breast. Then I make a mixture of buffalo sauce, butter and honey. I pour half of the sauce over the turkey breast, and save the rest to glaze the turkey with when I make my salad.
For my salad, I used: romaine lettuce, bell pepper, celery, bacon, avocado, cherry tomatoes, and topped everything with blue cheese dressing. Best salad ever. The spicy turkey, crunchy bacon, and creamy avocado all come together perfectly! Other uses for this turkey could be on slider buns or stuffed in a sweet potato, the possibilities are endless.
More turkey recipes to make in your crockpot:
- Slow Cooker Holiday Turkey Breast
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chipotle Chili
- Slow Cooker Stove-top stuffing Turkey Meatloaf
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti Squash and Turkey Meat Sauce
Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Turkey Breast
- Slow Cooker – 4 quart or larger
- 3 lb turkey breast, bone-in, skin-on
- 1 cup Frank’s red hot original
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. melted butter
- Place the turkey breast into the slow cooker. In a small bowl add the Frank’s red hot, honey, pepper and melted butter, stir until smooth. Pour HALF of this sauce over the turkey breast in the slow cooker. Save the remaining sauce in the fridge.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours.
- Heat the remaining sauce in the slow cooker in the microwave until warmed. Remove the turkey breast from the slow cooker and remove skin and bone. Slice and serve with the warmed sauce.