Make easy buffalo chicken in the slow cooker, then make cheesy flautas from the sauce and meat!
I made buffalo chicken in the slow cooker. Wrapped it up that buffalo chicken in tortillas with mozzarella cheese, rolled them up, basted them with butter, and baked them. These ooey-gooey crisp and delicious flautas are really good dipped in ranch or blue cheese dressing. If you are a fan of buffalo sauce, you will love these!
More buffalo recipes for the crock pot:
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken 15 Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Hot Chicken
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Wings
- Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Turkey Breast
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Ranch Dip
Slow Cooker Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Flautas
- Slow Cooker – 4 quart or larger
- 2 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 10 8-inch flour tortillas
- 16 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter this is for basting the tortillas
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing for serving
- Place the chicken into a 4-quart or larger slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk together the buffalo sauce, cornstarch and pepper. Pour this mixture over the chicken. Cut the butter into 2 pieces and place on top of chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours.
- Shred the chicken with two forks.
- Use tongs to get the chicken out of the slow cooker, tap the tongs on the side of the slow cooker to get the excess sauce off the chicken.
- Place about a 1/2 cup of chicken into each tortilla and top with a heaping 1/8 cup of cheese.
- Roll up the tortillas around the filling and secure with a toothpick. Note- If your tortillas start to crack while rolling them up. Wrap them in moist paper towels (before filling them) and microwave for 25 seconds.
- Place the flautas onto a baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Baste the flautas with the melted butter.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook the flautas for about 7 minutes, flipping once, and cooking for an additional 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove toothpicks.
- Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.