Stay with me here, this does not taste like a McRib! Why not you ask? Because this Slow Cooker Boneless Rib Sandwich is pure rib meat! This idea came to me while I was trying to eat a McRib from you know where, I was chomping into it, and the texture was like a hamburger patty! SO STRANGE! I knew I could make awesome ribs in my slow cooker, and the bones just fall off the meat anyways, so why not make a delicious rib sandwich, so I did….
The recipe for these Slow Cooker Boneless Rib Sandwiches starts with my very first recipe from my blog, Slow Cooker Baby Back Ribs. The recipe is basically a simple homemade rub, some BBQ sauce, a little water and then the ribs are slow cooked for 10 hours on low. Then I removed the bones by just slipping them out with my hands, put the rib section on a warm crusty baguette, add some more BBQ sauce, red onion, and pickles. Pretty easy actually. And I felt like I was eating at a fancy BBQ restaurant. Absolutely amazing!
- 1 Slow Cooker Baby Back Rib Recipe
- 1 baguette, cut into 4 rolls
- Red Onion Slices
- Dill Picke Slices
- BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Rays)
- Prepare the baby back ribs as directed (click on link above).
- Remove the ribs bones by slipping them out with your hands. (The bones should come out really easy)
- Warm the baguette rolls in the oven until warm and crispy.
- Place a rib section on each roll with extra BBQ sauce, red onion and pickles.
- Enjoy! Serve with beach towels for wiping faces and hands.