These Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Quesadillas are so easy to make. The flavors remind me of barbecue chicken pizza! I found this recipe over at Belle of the Kitchen. I joined a group of bloggers for a fun recipe swap. Each blog was assigned another blog, but we kept secret who we had until today. My recipe is from was Ashlyn from Belle of the Kitchen. Ashlyn has a lot of great slow cooker recipes to choose from. Other great recipes she has on her blog are Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings and Crock Pot BBQ Ribs.
For the quesadillas Ashlyn used a smokey barbecue sauce that my store didn’t carry, so I used Guy Fieri’s Kansas City Smokey & Sweet Barbecue sauce instead. You could use Sweet Baby Rays Honey Chipotle if you can’t find the sauce I used. I’ve wanted to try one of Guy Fieri’s Barbecue sauces in a recipe for a while now and I found perfect recipe to use it in!
- 1.5-2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (I used Guy Fieri's Kansas City Smokey and Sweet)
- ½ cup more barbecue sauce
- 10 small flour tortillas
- shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped cilantro
- Add the chicken breasts to a 3-quart or larger slow cooker. Pour over 1 cup barbecue sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- When the cooking time is done, shred the chicken with 2 forks. Add ½ cup more barbecue sauce.
- Add a small amount of butter to a non-stick skillet set over medium-high heat. Lay down one tortilla, add a generous sprinkle of cheese, and a good helping of the barbecue chicken. Add another tortilla on top of that one. Flip the entire quesadilla over when the bottom is brown. Let the other side brown, and transfer to a cutting board, cut into pieces with a pizza cutter. Top with chopped cilantro.
- Repeat 4 more times.
- Serve and enjoy!
Adapted from Belle of the Kitchen