I’m excited to bring you this recipe for Skinny Chili Cheese Fries. I found these Smart Fries from Alexia at Walmart! Where have these been my whole life? These fries alone only have 1.5 grams of fat, and 100 calories per serving! One serving of these fries topped with 3/4 cup chili, 1/8 cup reduced fat cheese and onion is 430 calories. This is enough food to make me full, which is awesome! I seriously can not diet without healthier versions of my favorites, yes I can do veggies and fruits all day, but I need something to look forward to for dinner, and this recipe is a winner!
I also am in love with Mrs. Dash Chili and Taco mix, they are sodium free, and taste great, I buy a few every time I’m in the chili packet section of the store.
For leftovers at work, I skip the fries, obviously they would be soggy, and I up the portion of chili to one cup. Enjoy!
Skinny Chili Cheese Fries
- 1 lb. 4% lean ground beef browned and drained
- 1 1.25-oz pkg. Mrs. Dash Chili Seasoning
- 2 15-oz cans petite diced tomates
- 1 15-oz can pinto beans, drained
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 5 servings smart fries
- 5 1/8 cup servings of reduced fat cheese
- 5 Tbsp. diced white onion.
- Add beef, chili seasoning, diced tomatoes, pinto beans and onions to your slow cooker, and stir. Cover, and cook on LOW for 8 hours. Cook the fries according to package directions. Add 3/4 cup chili to each serving of fries, and top with 1/8 cup cheese, and diced onion