I’m bringing you slow cooker skinny buffalo chicken wraps today. Not all low-fat meals pack this much flavor. Chicken tenderloins simmer all-day in spicy buffalo sauce and then placed on a low-fat wheat tortilla topped with cabbage mix and blue cheese.
When I was pregnant I craved was anything with buffalo wing sauce. I remember on a vacation we took when I was pregnant every restaurant we ate at served their buffalo wings dry! My poor husband! In hindsight, I wish I ate these wraps instead of wings and I wouldn’t have gained 50 pounds.
I found a new blue cheese in the refrigerator isle. Lighthouse greek yogurt blue cheese. It has only 5 grams of fat per 2 tablespoons. It doesn’t take low-fat or like yogurt! I was impressed.
Here are the chicken tenderloins after cooking for 6 hours on low.
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup Franks red hot sauce
- 6 low-fat wheat tortillas
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cabbage mix
- 9 Tbsp. greek yogurt blue cheese or low fat blue cheese, make sure to get this from the refrigerator section
- Place the chicken tenderloins into a 6-quart slow cooker and pour over hot sauce,
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours, without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Place the tortillas in between 2 wet paper towels, and microwave for 45 seconds.
- Assemble the wraps by placing a scoop of chicken and sauce, 1/4 cup cabbage mix, and 1/2 tablespoons blue cheese. Wrap it up and serve!
I adapted this recipe from the book “The Most Decadent Diet Ever” Devin’s recipe has homemade slaw and dressing. I highly recommend this book if your dieting!