Slow Cooker Memphis Chili is a unique chili made with ground beef, turkey bacon and a touch of molasses.
I have received a copy of ‘The Healthy Family Slow Cooker Cook Book’ in exchange for this post. All opinions are mine alone.
I am excited to show you this gorgeous Memphis Chili Recipe today. It comes from Christina Dymock’s newest book ‘The Healthy Family Slow Cooker Cookbook’. This book is from the same publisher that made my book, and the quality is unmatched!
I started this Memphis Chili in my slow cooker on our way out the door to the river on Sunday. And when we arrived home, we had this beautiful and healthy chili waiting for us! You won’t miss the fat in this recipe, the turkey bacon adds a great smokey flavor, and the spices are perfectly executed. I had never used turmeric before, and I love how it brightened up this chili!
As you can see this chili turns out nice and thick! A perfect hearty dinner.
You can buy this cookbook here: Healthy Family Slow Cooker Cookbook by Christina Dymock. Christina has published many other cookbooks and also writes clean romance novels under the pen name Lucy McConnell.
Slow Cooker Memphis Chili
- Slow Cooker – 4 quart or larger
- 1 lb. lean ground beef browned (I used 4% fat)
- 6 slices turkey bacon chopped (I browned this in the microwave)
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 tsp. chili powder or more to taste
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- 2 Tbsp. molasses
- 15.5 oz. can red beans, drained and rinsed
- Add everything into a large slow cooker. Stir until just combined. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.