Maple Brown Sugar Baked Beans
Maple Brown Sugar Baked beans from scratch? Who has time? If you own a slow cooker, you have plenty of time!
This recipe makes a ton of baked beans, plenty for a picnic, family reunion, or potluck!
I soaked the beans overnight, drained, then added maple syrup, brown sugar, onion, ham and fresh water in the morning. After 8 hours of cooking, I added ketchup, mustard, and barbecue sauce to the beans during the last hour of cooking. And then you have unbelievably delicious baked beans in time for dinner. Just grill some chicken or steaks to go with the beans, How easy is that?
Slow Cooker Baked Beans
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 16 ounces dry great northern beans
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 onion diced
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups water
- Add next ingredients after 8 hours
- 1 1/2 cup barbecue sauce I use sweet baby rays
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon regular mustard
- Soak beans overnight in slow cooker, add water to the top, the beans will triple in size.
- In the morning, drain the beans.
- Add ham, onion, maple syrup, brown sugar, and 3 cups of fresh water to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add ketchup, barbecue sauce, and mustard to bean, stir gently.
- Cook on low for 1 more hour.
You may also like Slow Cooker Baby Back Ribs