Inside Out Chicken Cordon Bleu
This Inside Out Chicken Cordon Bleu is so easy to make, and so much tastier than those frozen chicken cordon bleu things you get in the freezer section of the store. This chicken has an yummy cheese sauce with diced ham, that is on the outside of the chicken, instead of being stuffed inside.
I start by seasoning and browning the chicken, while that is cooking I make the quick and easy sauce in the slow cooker. Cream of chicken soup, cheddar cheese, pepper, ham and water, whisk the sauce, and then add the chicken into the sauce. Cook on high for 4 hours, and serve with mashed potatoes, or rice.
Slow Cooker Inside Out Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 packet dry zesty italian dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 10 3/4 oz. can cream of chicken
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups diced ham
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese (about 1 cup grated)
- Put the chicken and dressing mix in a large ziplock bag. Shake to coat. At this point, if my chicken breasts are really thick, pound them with a mallet, right in the ziplock bag. The thinner the chicken the better flavor each bite has, instead of a thick bite of plain chicken.Brown the chicken on both sides in a skillet with the oil. (don't need to cook through.Put the soup, and water in the slow cooker, and whisk, add the black pepper, cheese, and ham.Stir.Cook on high for 4 hours.Put the chicken on each plate, stir the sauce in the slow cooker, and top the chicken with it.